Major Attractions in New Jersey and New York City
When you're ready to explore New York or New Jersey, tourist attractions are just minutes away! For a family vacation or a romantic getaway, Comfort Inn - Paramus is situated in the center of an amazing array of local food and fun. Please see our list of exciting New Jersey tourist attractions below, or ask our helpful concierge to suggest local destinations for you upon your arrival.
Known as the "Garden State," New Jersey offers a wealth of scenic outdoor parks. You'll also find fun recreational activities for the whole family, as well as great shopping and museums.
- Van Saun County Park
- Lovely park with picnic areas, several ball fields, sports courts and a lake. Also home to the Bergan County Zoological Park.
- Newark Museum
- The state's largest museum, featuring 80 galleries of art and science, a mini-zoo, planetarium, and the Ballantine House, a restored 1885 mansion.
- New Jersey Botanical Garden
- The best of the Ringwood State Park System, this garden features a Tudor-style manor house, formal and naturalized gardens, and a serene series of forest paths.
Shopping in Paramus, New Jersey
With several major shopping centers and no tax on clothing purchases, Paramus is well-known for its retail stores. Serious shoppers enjoy the Bergen Town Center and Paramus Park. And don't miss the Garden State Plaza, Paramus' biggest and most famous mall.
Discover the best of New York City
Hit the streets of New York without taking a hit to your wallet when you stay with us! The Comfort Inn - Paramus hotel is near Madison Square Garden, Times Square and other unforgettable NYC sights. Below are some suggestions for our favorite must-see activities in the city.
- Empire State Building
- Great views of the city from this historical building.
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- Fascinating exhibit that explores human anatomy displaying real human bodies.
- Lincoln Center
- This venerable venue hosts world-class jazz, classical and other live performances.
- Statue of Liberty
- No trip to New York City is complete without visiting this major American landmark.
- Grand Central Terminal
- The newly renovated terminal is a transportation hub and lovely in its own right. The historic building is home to several shops, restaurants and bars.
- Rockefeller Center
- Make sure to check out the ice skating and Christmas tree in winter, and go to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck for a breathtaking view of the city. Don't forget to check out Radio City Music Hall and NBC Studios while you're there.
- Ellis Island Immigration Museum
- Interactive exhibits, walking tours and more reveal the experience of immigrants coming to the U.S.
- Staten Island Ferry
- This free ferry offers a lovely view of the harbor and the Statue of Liberty.
- American Museum of Natural History
- This enormous museum offers permanent exhibits of natural life throughout time, as well as revolving exhibits ad a planetarium.
- Central Park
- This giant park features a zoo, a Shakespeare garden, lakes, a castle, and miles of walking paths.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Enormous museum housing more than 2 million artifacts and works of art from around the world. A must-see museum.
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- The first museum dedicated to contemporary art, MoMA includes painting, sculpture, film and other media.
- Guggenheim Museum
- Designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright, this unique museum features modern paintings, sculpture and film.
- Lower East Side Tenement Museum
- This guided tour offers a glimpse at early 20th-century immigrant life in the LES.
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- Offers a permanent collection of over 12,000 paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, and photographs.
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum
- The only US museum focused on historic and contemporary design.
- New York Public Library
- This Beaux-Arts building is one of the country's largest marble buildings, and features an impressive book collection and various exhibits.
- Times Square
- Catch a Broadway show, enjoy dining at dozens of restaurants, shop and stand in awe of the incredible lights and visual displays that make this a NYC icon.
- Chrysler Building
- This art deco building features an incredible ceiling mural.
- The Cloisters
- Located in Fort Tyron Park, the Cloisters is created from pieces of five medieval cloisters from Europe, and includes over 1,200 pieces of medieval art.
- West Point Military Academy
- Tours of this prestigious academy by contacting West Point Tours. The 16,000 acre Academy is located approximately 50 miles north of NYC and overlooks the Hudson River.
NYC Spots You Shouldn't Miss
- Authentic Asian cuisine, interesting architecture and hundreds of curious shops and sights transport you. A must for any first-time visitor.
- Little Italy
- Home to some of the city's best Italian restaurants, this area features the Feast of San Gennaro street fair.
- The East Village
- Home to Alphabet City and The Bowery, the East Village is an eclectic community featuring food, clubs, music, art, and more.
- Union Square
- This 10-acre park is a hub for shopping, dining, transportation, and activity. It features a large Greenmarket and fountain, and is a popular summer hangout.
- Battery Park
- A 25-acre park at the southern tip of Manhattan, offering great views of New York Harbor.
- Chic shopping, gallery hopping and dining are all the order of the day in this upscale area.
- Greenwich Village
- Quaint, mostly residential area with small shops and restaurants. Home to the annual Halloween parade.
- Herald Square
- Plenty of shopping, including Macy's flagship department store and countless clothing shops.
- Washington Square Park
- This 10-acre park is a popular gathering spot for students, tourists, musicians, and others, and features an iconic archway that makes it instantly recognizable.
For additional New Jersey tourist attractions, please visit the City of Paramus website
. Or, check out the official New York City Visitors Guide
for more suggestions. If you're seeking local attractions in New Jersey or an adventure in the big city, Comfort Inn - Paramus is your hotel! Located a short drive away from MetLife Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Madison Square Garden, and so much more, make Comfort Inn- Paramus your home away from home!